Monday, November 13, 2006

Two Titans of Rock

I recently attended one of the best concerts of my life. Two titans of rock, both of which have survived the test of time, together in one show. Aerosmith & Motley Crue.

Shoreline Amphitheater was packed. I don't think I've ever seen so many crazy screaming people in one place before. It was insane. The energy was unmeasurable, and the bands brought their A-Game.

When I was standing there, in the midst of all the screaming fans, I couldn't help but wonder - how powerful is music in our society? Hugely, I thought to myself, especially when I realized I was standing there watching two bands that started making music before I was born. And they could still bring in a crowd of over 20,000 fans. It was an amazing thought.

The two bands, after all these years, rocked the place like it was their first tour. They got the crowd involved and played flawlessly for hours, an amazing feat - especially considering the fact that some of these guys are older than my parents.

It got me thinking though. I wonder if music being made these days is going to be able to bring in huge crowds 30 years from now. What are the screaming 14-year-old girls going to do when Justin Timberlake is 55 and can't dance anymore? I guess we'll have to wait and see what the future brings.

2 comments:

Apaynea said...

I was just wondering if during the concert you happened to get any pics of a voluptuous red head licking steven tyler's chest? Trying to find some shots, thanks

Poker Betting said...

Very amusing question